Most of us are aware of typical slang that is gay “kiki” or “trade, ” but did you ever hear of a “Lucky Pierre” a “Ring Snatcher? ” You might be one — and you don’t even know if you haven’t.
1. Angel food (n. ) – homosexual pilot that is male serving floating around Force.
2. Basket shopping (v. ) – when cruising or checking some body out, British term refers to examining the thing of one’s affection’s personal areas through their clothes.
3. Beat (adj. ) – incredibly wonderful or great, “fabulous. ” Example: “Did you see her in the club today? That look was beat. ”
4. Bulldagger (n. ) – a masculine girl, closely pertaining to “butch lesbian. ” Also see: “Diesel lesbian, ” term referring to queer women that appear to be vehicle motorists.
5. Chapstick lesbian (n. ) – queer identified woman that is athletic and sporty. The phrase denotes that she’s the not the nature to put on makeup products (ala a “lipstick lesbian”) and applies to an even more normal look.
6. Chicken (n. ) – a homosexual that is young looking for older males; see also: Chicken hawk, talking about an adult homosexual male shopping for more youthful lovers.
7. Cottaging (v. ) – British slang for setting up in public places restrooms.
8. Donald Duck (letter. ) – a homosexual male that is dishonorably released through the Navy with regards to their sex; see additionally: “Dishonorable Discharge, ” or masturbating solamente after attempting to choose somebody up and failing.
9. Doris Day (letter. ) – 90s South African slang for Gay Pride. Example: “The gays will march on Doris Day. ”
10. Eyeball queen (n. ) – individual who derives pleasure from viewing others participate in sexual intercourse.
11. Fanny bellhop (n. ) – gay male used by the hospitality industry, such as for instance a concierge or even a bellhop at a resort.
12. Fish and chips (n. ) – pejorative 90s British slang for the partner and kids of the married lover that is“heterosexual.
13. Full house (n. ) – term utilized to denote having one or more intimately sent disease simultaneously.
14. Woman scout (n. ) – military man on leave, currently looking for intercourse.
15. Grimm’s fairy (n. ) – usually used to explain an aging male that is gay comparable to “auntie”
16. Hetty (n. ) – reduced form of the term “heterosexual, ” similar to “hetero” or “het. ”
17. Horatian (n. ) – from the belated nineteenth century, term utilized at Oxford amongst Lord Byron and their compatriots to a bisexual individual; see additionally: “Gillette blade, ” talking about a female that is bisexual.
18. Hoyden (n. ) – slang from Britain when more helpful hints you look at the sixteenth century to relate to an untameable, wild woman or perhaps a tomboy.
19. Frozen dessert (n. ) – some body so sweet that there is the desire to lick them.
20. In sisters (n. ) – two effeminate homosexual men who possess a romantic but relationship that is non-sexual frequently close friends.
22. Iron closet (letter. ) – individual in deep denial about their very own sexuality, one whom might never ever turn out.
24. Lacy (adj. ) – used to a really effeminate male that is homosexual.
25. Lounge lizard (n. ) – someone who frequents pubs, attempting to grab other individuals’ mates.
26. Fortunate Pierre (letter. ) – the middleman in a Eiffel Tower.
27. Skip Congeniality (letter. ) – exceedingly negative term discussing an unlikable or “bitchy” homosexual male.
28. Mom Superior (letter. ) – older and wiser homosexual male whom ‘s been around the block several times; comparable to “auntie, ” but more favorable.
29. Nine-dollar bill (n. ) – exceedingly outward homosexual, one three-times more flaming than a person who is “queerer when compared to a three-dollar bill. ”
30. In the make (adj. ) – single person entitled to dating or sex that is casual. See additionally: “In circulation. ”
31. Orphan (n. ) – anyone who has already been split up with.
32. Throughout the connection to Pimpleton (letter. ) – cumbersome term for homosexual intercourse.
33. Passion fruit (n. ) – old Hollywood term talking about a very straight-acting and usually masculine male.
34. Ring snatcher (n. ) – during intercourse, the one who executes the bottom part. Additionally see: “Pratt. ”
35. Rumpy-Rumpy (n. ) – homosexual intercourse; see additionally: “Bumper to Bumper, ” referring to lesbian sex that is vaginal.
36. Sappho Daddy-o (letter. ) – gay male who enjoys the business of lesbians, comparable to “Fruit Fly” for straight females.
37. Saturday Evening Lesbian (n. ) – term for lesbians whom promote themselves as heterosexual on the normal weekdays that can be when you look at the cabinet to friends and co-workers.
38. Trousers (n. ) – no-longer-in-use term to a lesbian; see additionally: “Muffer” or “Kissing Fish. ”
39. Smurf (n. ) – another term for twink, frequently more pejorative, since it suggests a” demeanor that is“bitchy.
40. Tinkerbelle (n. ) – queer man who enjoys being urinated upon.
41. Ursula (n. ) – queer woman who hangs away with “bears; ” also called a “Goldilocks. ”
42. Vampire (n. ) – gay males whom head out in search of hookups later during the night.
43. Vegan (n. ) – homosexual male who’ll perhaps not provide dental.
44. Warm bruder (n. ) – German phrase accustomed identify a homosexual male; “warm” is German slang for “homosexual. ”
Note: you’ve definitely heard this one if you live in Germany. English and American German-speakers have actually a negative practice of saying “Ich bin hot” on hot days, being unsure of what they’re really saying.
45. Wendy (n. ) – A caucasian individual.
46. Wolf (n. ) – gay male that is neither a twink nor a bear, but falls someplace in between your two poles; just like a cub.
47. Wrinkle room (n. ) – pejorative term for the club whose clients mainly contains older gays.
48. Garden boy (n. ) – gay male who enjoys sex in general public, particularly in outside venues.
49. Yestergay (n. ) – former homosexual who now identifies as straight, generally known as “ex-gays. ”
50. Zanie (n. ) – archaic nineteenth century expression discussing a homosexual that is male
51. Zipper club (n. ) – a sex celebration or orgy which takes invest an area that is public just like a bathhouse or perhaps a club.
Note: Autostraddle features a great directory of lady-centric queer expressions, several of that have been included right right here. Always check out of the sleep to their web web web site. Madison Moore even offers a listing explaining best wishes homosexual slang that is black.
Subscribe to the idea Catalog Weekly and acquire the greatest tales through the to your inbox every Friday week.
You might unsubscribe whenever you want. By subscribing, you consent to the regards to our Privacy declaration.
Find out about believe Catalog and our authors on our about page.
Insidetheangels.com is part of Vancouver Sun Sites, A division of Postmedia Newspapers 2013.